Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

v2.2.3 now available

This latest release addresses several recent issues and adds some valuable new features.

This update is an incremental upgrade to v2.2.2 (or earlier). If you update via 'git' you may experience a merge conflict due to the MANY changes. The best remedy is to have saved your database (eql file), files archive, and config.php file and when performing the 'git pull', if you receive a 'merge conflict', do this:

Code:
git fetch origin master
git merge -s recursive -X theirs origin/master

If you are updating from any version prior to v2.2.0 and you've been updating your themes and custom modules in accordance with all the previous updates, this will be a simple update like the others. However, if you still have some patched old school stuff (your theme makes calls to exponent_theme_xxx or has custom old school module views), you may have some tweaking to do first. What this means for the site admin is:

* When you install this software version, it'll seem as if the site has been wiped because all the modules and content will disappear UNTIL YOU RUN AN UPGRADE (as recommended)
* All of the old school modules will be upgraded and deleted (calendarmodule, simplepollmodule, navigationmodule, containermodule, formmodule/formbuilder, etc...)...all those files in the /framework/modules-1 folder
* Any old school module custom views MUST be upgraded/edited manually. See the post in the 2.0 Installation forum for details.

v2.2.3 Download http://sourceforge.net/projects/exponentcms/files/exponent-2.2.3.zip/download

Statistics: Posted by dleffler

Comments

• I was using the 2.2.2 version and try to install this version as a fresh install and the administrator bar is missing. I'm activate the development mode and this message apear as folows:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/home/sinapseinc/tmp/sess_2e3e1526248295d81c8d47fcbd03f399, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/tuaregra/public_html/tuareg/framework/core/subsystems/expSession.php on line 131

I install other themes for check if my modifications in the code has affect in the system, but the same message pop up. Please help.

Statistics: Posted by adolfo.gerin
  • How can I test this? Why when I install this version the installation wizard said that all is OK? The only problem that appeared was file info not available. How can I set this? Can a command in PHP.ini solve this?
    I have two php.ini one in the root (public_html) and other in exponent root installation (public_html/exponent) . Which one is used by the server, or both are used?

• It appears your server is not set up to use PHP 'sessions' correctly. Not sure if this is something with the php.ini file or if the server's /tmp folder doesn't exist or is considered read-only (based on the specific error below). Sorry, but Exponent requires PHP Sessions to run (like most php programs do)

• I'm NOT a server guy, so this is based on some 'google-ing'...It looks like the server /tmp folder (/home/sinapseinc/tmp in your case) doesn't have write permissions. Not knowing what access you have to the server (shell, SSH, cPanel, etc...) you will need to set the perms on that folder (and anything in it) to 755.

Also depending on how your server is set up, it could reference either of those php.ini files (some web hosts have a main/default php.ini, but allow their customers to have a custom one to replace the main one or simply use a phprc file to only change specific settings with the main php.ini). If you have access to the working php.ini file, you could check/change the 'session.save_path' setting to a folder the server does have write access to.

• You really help. I delete the php.ini in exponent directory and the message don't appear anymore. the tmp directory didn't had read/write permission I did this too. Reinstall using install directory and now all is there. thanks :D

Now other challenge. I can't erase files in the file manager neither using individual button nor using check buttons and click below in "delete selected files".

• Now other challenge. I can't erase files in the file manager neither using individual button nor using check buttons and click below in "delete selected files".

• I'm sorry, I can't reproduce the 'delete' issue. It MIGHT be possible the response is delayed by slow server response...since it is an ajax action. Thing normally happen this way

* Click on the 'delete' button
    * sked to confirm the delete
    * The 'Loading' bar appears just below the 'Filename, etc...' headers, but above the list of files
    * The display is refreshed with the deleted file no longer in the list

Have you tried leaving the File Manager, then coming back (cold refresh of list)?

• This latest release addresses several recent issues and adds some valuable new features.

This update is an incremental upgrade to v2.2.2 (or earlier). If you update via 'git' you may experience a merge conflict due to the MANY changes. The best remedy is to have saved your database (eql file), files archive, and config.php file and when performing the 'git pull', if you receive a 'merge conflict', do this:
    git fetch origin master
    If you are updating from any version prior to v2.2.0 and you've been updating your themes and custom modules in accordance with all the previous updates, this will be a simple update like the others. However, if you still have some patched old school stuff (your theme makes calls to exponent_theme_xxx or has custom old school module views), you may have some tweaking to do first. What this means for the site admin is:

* When you install this software version, it'll seem as if the site has been wiped because all the modules and content will disappear UNTIL YOU RUN AN UPGRADE (as recommended)[/*]

* All of the old school modules will be upgraded and deleted (calendarmodule, simplepollmodule, navigationmodule, containermodule, formmodule/formbuilder, etc...)...all those files in the /framework/modules-1 folder[/*]

* Any old school module custom views MUST be upgraded/edited manually. See the post in the 2.0 Installation forum for details.[/*]

v2.2.3 Download http://sourceforge.net/projects/exponentcms/files/exponent-2.2.3.zip/download

View article...
  • I'm sorry, I can't reproduce the 'delete' issue. It MIGHT be possible the response is delayed by slow server response...since it is an ajax action. Thing normally happen this way

* Click on the 'delete' button[/*]
    * sked to confirm the delete[/*]
    * The 'Loading' bar appears just below the 'Filename, etc...' headers, but above the list of files[/*]
    * The display is refreshed with the deleted file no longer in the list[/*]

Have you tried leaving the File Manager, then coming back (cold refresh of list)?

View article...
  • Now other challenge. I can't erase files in the file manager neither using individual button nor using check buttons and click below in "delete selected files".

View article...
  • You really help. I delete the php.ini in exponent directory and the message don't appear anymore. the tmp directory didn't had read/write permission I did this too. Reinstall using install directory and now all is there. thanks :D

Now other challenge. I can't erase files in the file manager neither using individual button nor using check buttons and click below in "delete selected files".

View article...
  • I'm NOT a server guy, so this is based on some 'google-ing'...It looks like the server /tmp folder (/home/sinapseinc/tmp in your case) doesn't have write permissions. Not knowing what access you have to the server (shell, SSH, cPanel, etc...) you will need to set the perms on that folder (and anything in it) to 755.

Also depending on how your server is set up, it could reference either of those php.ini files (some web hosts have a main/default php.ini, but allow their customers to have a custom one to replace the main one or simply use a phprc file to only change specific settings with the main php.ini). If you have access to the working php.ini file, you could check/change the 'session.save_path' setting to a folder the server does have write access to.

View article...
  • How can I test this? Why when I install this version the installation wizard said that all is OK? The only problem that appeared was file info not available. How can I set this? Can a command in PHP.ini solve this?
    I have two php.ini one in the root (public_html) and other in exponent root installation (public_html/exponent) . Which one is used by the server, or both are used?

View article...
  • It appears your server is not set up to use PHP 'sessions' correctly. Not sure if this is something with the php.ini file or if the server's /tmp folder doesn't exist or is considered read-only (based on the specific error below). Sorry, but Exponent requires PHP Sessions to run (like most php programs do)

View article...
  • I was using the 2.2.2 version and try to install this version as a fresh install and the administrator bar is missing. I'm activate the development mode and this message apear as folows:

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/home/sinapseinc/tmp/sess_2e3e1526248295d81c8d47fcbd03f399, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in /home/tuaregra/public_html/tuareg/framework/core/subsystems/expSession.php on line 131

I install other themes for check if my modifications in the code has affect in the system, but the same message pop up. Please help.

View article...

* The 'Loading' bar appears just below the 'Filename, etc...' headers, but above the list of files[/*]

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...
  • This latest release addresses several recent issues and adds some valuable new features.

git fetch origin master

* When you install this software version, it'll seem as if the site has been wiped because all the modules and content will disappear UNTIL YOU RUN AN UPGRADE (as recommended)[/*]

* All of the old school modules will be upgraded and deleted (calendarmodule, simplepollmodule, navigationmodule, containermodule, formmodule/formbuilder, etc...)...all those files in the /framework/modules-1 folder[/*]

* Any old school module custom views MUST be upgraded/edited manually. See the post in the 2.0 Installation forum for details.[/*]

View article...

git fetch origin master

View article...

git fetch origin master

View article...

git fetch origin master

View article...

git fetch origin master

View article...