Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

Installing Patches and E mail testing

I just installed a the latest new version of Exponent, i have few issues so far...  e mail testing is rerouting me to a non formatted page , same thing happens if I try install a patch via upload extension ..  Please advice Thank you

Comments

• How are you testing email? Using the Mass Mailer feature under the Exponent Users menu? Have you turned on SMTP debugging in Site Configuration? Have you attempted an Test SMTP Server Settings command under the Super-Admin Tools menu?

Is the patch file larger than your max file upload size? (you can find this under the About ExponentCMS menu item)
  • Have you turned on SMTP debugging in Site Configuration?  Yes 

Have you attempted an Test SMTP Server Settings command under the Super-Admin Tools menu?  Yes

Rerouting me to my home directory http://192.168.1.250:8080/intranet/index.php  
  • Update - I downloaded the latest patch 5, I reinstalled the patch as a new install..  I was having and off line SQL error, i took the install folder from the original and apply it to the patch , reinstalled and seems to be working now..   
  • Hmmm...a patch file is simply a collection of only the changed files from that original version package (you don't have to sequentially patch the installation to work, e.g., patch 5 contains all the previous patches 1 thru 4). HOWEVER, it doesn't require the main version package is first extracted (it doesn't have to be 'installed' as you can simply extract the main package files, then extract the patch files...THEN run the update/install process)

Though it's more of a feature than a bug, when Exponent encounters a big error (missing file, etc...) it tends to punt and display the default page.
  • I did re-parched the install with patch 5 and did verify that all updated files are there..   i will keep playing but so far is working good...  Thank you for your quick response...