Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

What do I need to know to build a eCommerce Site?

The best way to start with Exponent ecommerce is to install a fresh copy of v2.2.1 and select the Store Sample database be loaded from the installation theme selection page. This will give you a VERY basic store setup.

Depending on how much you want to pay (overhead), you can use your PayPayl account (PayPal Express Checkout) which changes a small overhead cost for each transaction (as opposed to a monthly fee with some of the more elaborate pay systems).

Exponent does not yet offer 'filtering' by product rating/review or product categories.

Here is a live Exponent ecommerce site http://www.militaryuniformsupply.com

Statistics: Posted by dleffler

Comments

• I want to build a Ecommerce Site. I am new to website building and willing to learn from scratch.What do I need to know before I can build a eCommerce site with a product category and filter feature like Amazon (like filter by star rating, reviews etc..) Also, how do I create a member sign in? Member's page etc..?
    Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Statistics: Posted by britnilinda
  • I want to build a Ecommerce Site. I am new to website building and willing to learn from scratch.What do I need to know before I can build a eCommerce site with a product category and filter feature like Amazon (like filter by star rating, reviews etc..) Also, how do I create a member sign in? Member's page etc..?

Thanks!

View article...

Thanks!

View article...

Thanks!
    open text

View article...

Thanks!
    open text

View article...

Thanks!
    open text

View article...

Thanks!
    open text

View article...