Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

2.0 Install - 500 Internal Server Error

I had this problem too, on a different hosting provider. The installation instructions tell you do set the permissions to 775 but clearly that won't work everywhere -- could the documentation be updated to let people know that 755 is worth trying if they get an error 500? Would save some people some time, I think!

Statistics: Posted by brianlucas

Comments

• Note added to the current help version document for installation (v2.2.3) and the troubleshooting tip.

Statistics: Posted by dleffler
  • I keep getting a 500 Internal Server Error when I try to install the 2.0 pr2 or .98 codelines. The .97 codeline installs fine. When I try to use the newer ones, the install never starts, I just get a page with the error above.

Here is the error log afterwards:
    [26-Nov-2010 17:42:20] PHP Warning: mysqli_connect() [function.mysqli-connect]: (28000/1045): Access denied for user 'not_configured'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/total/public_html/subsystems/database/mysqli.php on line 53
    [26-Nov-2010 17:42:20] PHP Warning: mysqli_get_server_info() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/total/public_html/subsystems/database/mysqli.php on line 66
    [26-Nov-2010 17:42:21] PHP Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/total/public_html/subsystems/database/mysqli.php on line 727
    [26-Nov-2010 17:42:22] PHP Warning: mysqli_query() expects parameter 1 to be mysqli, boolean given in /home/total/public_html/subsystems/database/mysqli.php on line 727
    [26-Nov-2010 17:42:22] PHP Warning: Missing argument 2 for expProcessBuffer(), called in /home/total/public_html/index.php on line 27 and defined in /home/total/public_html/framework/core/expFramework.php on line 579

I dont understand the errors well enough to fix this myself. Can anyone direct me?

Thanks!

Tim Gibson

View article...
  • Note added to the current help version document for installation (v2.2.3) and the troubleshooting tip.

View article...
  • I had this problem too, on a different hosting provider. The installation instructions tell you do set the permissions to 775 but clearly that won't work everywhere -- could the documentation be updated to let people know that 755 is worth trying if they get an error 500? Would save some people some time, I think!

View article...

View article...
  • I had this problem too, on a different hosting provider. The installation instructions tell you do set the permissions to 775 but clearly that won't work everywhere -- could the documentation be updated to let people know that 755 is worth trying if they get an error 500? Would save some people some time, I think!

View article...

View article...

View article...