Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

Cant select existing image gallery content

Hi,
I have a problem in an old installation of Exponent v0.96.6.
When I add an image gallery module to a new page and try to select the existing content I never see the "Select this content" link.
If I try with any other type of content, it work fine.

Any idea what could cause this?
Or anyone know how I could simply add manually the information in the database to have the new section displaying the content of the other one?

Any help would be appreciated.

Statistics: Posted by cyberitch

Comments

• I'm sorry, I do NOT have a running copy of 0.96 (only keep a 0.99beta1 one up for test purposes). If I follow you correctly...

* You already have an existing image gallery module on another page?
    * You are adding a new image gallery module to this new page?
    * Within the 'Add a Module' dialog, you have selected the Module 'Image Gallery'?
    * The next thing you do is click on the 'Use Existing Content' link at the bottom of the dialog?
    * In the resulting popup window (copy of the site), you browse to the page with the existing image gallery?
    * When you reach that page, you SEE the gallery, but it does NOT have the green bar with '* Image Gallery - Use this Module's Content *' at the top of the module you'd like to select?

Is it possible you are using another (custom) image gallery module on your site? (svgallerymodule, etc...)

Statistics: Posted by dleffler
  • Exactly, and no I do not use any other image gallery images, and don't have any installed.

I use a custom them, with custom views, but I don't think the link to select "Image Gallery - Use this Module's Content" is managed by the module view, probably by the container view, which use the default view never altered.

Also, if I do the same thing with a news module, it work perfectly, and I even tried to put the image module on 2 different pages and same result. Any idea where I should look, or any other test I can do?

• Ok, I whipped out a 0.96.6 test site and in its pristine condition, the re-use/existing content image gallery gives me the 'use this module' link on the module.

Some things you might try, if you can view/edit the database:

* In the sectionref table, search for where 'module=imagegallerymodule', the is_original should be set to '1' and the refcount should be at 1 or greater. If you already have 'used' a module, the refcount goes up and the copies have is_original set to '0'
    * THEREFORE, if the module you are looking for does NOT have is_original == 1, then set it to '1'?
    * Likewise, in the container table, search for where 'internal=%image%' to bring up all the instances of image galleries. is_existing should be set to '0' unless it is a copy.

The above is speculation based on theory as I'm not going to reverse engineer 0.96.6, but my guess is that the image gallery module you are attempting to 'use' is itself a copy of an original (the original could be hidden or on another page)., OR, the database has gotten upset and the settings indicate what I just described, though it is working otherwise.

Statistics: Posted by dleffler
  • Cant figure whats wrong, but with your help and information, I manage to install a new image gallery and update the source with the other gallery info and that worked.

Big thanks!!

• Sorry I was away for the last few days.
    This is great information, thank you.

I'll look into the database and let you know.

• Hi,
    When I add an image gallery module to a new page and try to select the existing content I never see the "Select this content" link.

Or anyone know how I could simply add manually the information in the database to have the new section displaying the content of the other one?

View article...
  • Cant figure whats wrong, but with your help and information, I manage to install a new image gallery and update the source with the other gallery info and that worked.

Big thanks!!

View article...

View article...
  • Ok, I whipped out a 0.96.6 test site and in its pristine condition, the re-use/existing content image gallery gives me the 'use this module' link on the module.

* In the sectionref table, search for where 'module=imagegallerymodule', the is_original should be set to '1' and the refcount should be at 1 or greater. If you already have 'used' a module, the refcount goes up and the copies have is_original set to '0'[/*]
    * THEREFORE, if the module you are looking for does NOT have is_original == 1, then set it to '1'?[/*]
    * Likewise, in the container table, search for where 'internal=%image%' to bring up all the instances of image galleries. is_existing should be set to '0' unless it is a copy.[/*]

The above is speculation based on theory as I'm not going to reverse engineer 0.96.6, but my guess is that the image gallery module you are attempting to 'use' is itself a copy of an original (the original could be hidden or on another page)., OR, the database has gotten upset and the settings indicate what I just described, though it is working otherwise.

View article...
  • Exactly, and no I do not use any other image gallery images, and don't have any installed.

I use a custom them, with custom views, but I don't think the link to select "Image Gallery - Use this Module's Content" is managed by the module view, probably by the container view, which use the default view never altered.

Also, if I do the same thing with a news module, it work perfectly, and I even tried to put the image module on 2 different pages and same result. Any idea where I should look, or any other test I can do?

View article...
  • I'm sorry, I do NOT have a running copy of 0.96 (only keep a 0.99beta1 one up for test purposes). If I follow you correctly...

* You already have an existing image gallery module on another page?[/*]
    * You are adding a new image gallery module to this new page?[/*]
    * Within the 'Add a Module' dialog, you have selected the Module 'Image Gallery'?[/*]
    * The next thing you do is click on the 'Use Existing Content' link at the bottom of the dialog?[/*]
    * In the resulting popup window (copy of the site), you browse to the page with the existing image gallery?[/*]
    * When you reach that page, you SEE the gallery, but it does NOT have the green bar with '* Image Gallery - Use this Module's Content *' at the top of the module you'd like to select? [/*]

Is it possible you are using another (custom) image gallery module on your site? (svgallerymodule, etc...)

View article...

Big thanks!!

View article...

View article...

* In the sectionref table, search for where 'module=imagegallerymodule', the is_original should be set to '1' and the refcount should be at 1 or greater. If you already have 'used' a module, the refcount goes up and the copies have is_original set to '0'[/*]
    * THEREFORE, if the module you are looking for does NOT have is_original == 1, then set it to '1'?[/*]
    * Likewise, in the container table, search for where 'internal=%image%' to bring up all the instances of image galleries. is_existing should be set to '0' unless it is a copy.[/*]

View article...

View article...

* Within the 'Add a Module' dialog, you have selected the Module 'Image Gallery'?[/*]
    * The next thing you do is click on the 'Use Existing Content' link at the bottom of the dialog?[/*]
    * In the resulting popup window (copy of the site), you browse to the page with the existing image gallery?[/*]
    * When you reach that page, you SEE the gallery, but it does NOT have the green bar with '* Image Gallery - Use this Module's Content *' at the top of the module you'd like to select? [/*]

View article...

Big thanks!!

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...
  • Hi,

View article...
  • Hi,

View article...
  • Hi,

View article...