ÔÇ║
Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

Order tags alphabetical A-Z

Hi,

I've got a download page which uses a lot of tags in order to make the amount of files manageable. But to increase usability it would be very nice if the tags can be orderd A-Z. Right now it's the other way: Z-A. Or that you can choose in site config/module config how to order

Comments

• Are you referring to the list of tags with an single file download item, or the tag cloud? (What view?)
  • the list view is the only view.I can order by mane of tag of # of tags.
  • edited June 26
    I found the bug...the quick fix is to edit /framework/modules/filedownloads/views/filedownload/configure/tags_list.config and edit line #17. There are two places where it has 'title' which must be replaced by 'title ASC'
    from
    {control type=dropdown name=order label="Sort By"|gettext items="Tag name, # of Tags"|gettxtlist values="title,hits" value=$config.order|default:'title'}
    to
    {control type=dropdown name=order label="Sort By"|gettext items="Tag name, # of Tags"|gettxtlist values="title ASC,hits" value=$config.order|default:'title ASC'}
    And then open the module settings and save it again (to update the saved config to sort by 'title ASC')
  • Thanks!
    In order to get it to work on a working module, opening & saving the module config isn't enough. You need to set first Sort by to # of Tags, save and change it back to Tag name.