Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

Too many products?

Is there a set number products the system can handle? I have 302 products entered so far. I've been building my store and all of a sudden this afternoon, when I try to create a new product, and save it, I get a "Page not found" message. I was able to add products yesterday with out issue. This site is running 2.3.4.

View article...

Comments

• There is no set limit on number of products. "what is the response (url) of the page not found?

View article...
  • URL is mysite.com/notfound/page_not_found

View article...
  • odd, it should be showing all the parameters...where/how are you 'executing' the add product command? (there are quite a number of ways, e.g., the e-Commerce menu, etc...) what happens when you enter this url

http://mysite.com/store/edit/product_type/product

View article...
  • When I go to the e-Commerce menu, Products, Click on Add Product, I get the message. If I click on a category, then click on Add a Product, it also gives the message. I also get the message if use the url you suggested.

View article...
  • Ok, I see the issue, was injected when I added product reviews...will track down why I added a debug statement so I can build a fix and get a patch #1 out next week.

Basically this broke immediately after updating to v2.3.4, correct?

An immediate fix for you would be to open/edit /framework/modules/ecommerce/products/models/product.php and comment out (place two slashes at the beginning of each line or delete them) lines #783 to 786
    if (empty($params['id'])) {
    eDebug($params);
    return;
    }

View article...
  • Thanks, that fix works great.

View article...
  • This morning I can't use the "Mange Products" menu option. I've tried using the e-commerce menu to get to it, as well as from a category. Either way all that is displayed is a blank page. I can't get any errors to show up.

View article...
  • It's working locally...is this a literal 'blank' page with absolutely NO content? or is it just the table of products is empty, or something in between? is the browser url 'www.mysite.org/store/manage'?

View article...
  • So I tried switching to the development branch. I confirmed the site is running the 2.3.5 development version. I then cleared my browser's cache. Then I logged back in and tried to go to the E-Commerce menu, clicked on Products, then clicked on Manage products. Again I get an blank white page, no content on it whatsoever.

View article...
  • Its a blank white page, absolutely no content. URL is http://www.buyplasmaparts.com/store/manage

The site was fine until about 1 PM eastern time yesterday. I just found out about the issue this morning.

View article...
  • I think the issue is in my database. I tried setting up a new install, then importing the data from the eql file I created on the problematic site. The new install now has the same issue of not being able to display the manage products page.

View article...
  • You might try to see if any table is corrupted and needs repair. Use 'Manage Database' from the Super-Admin Tools, Database menu. It opens up the database manger. The initial page displays all the database tables. Click on the top-most checkbox to select all tables, then at the bottom of the table list, click on the 'Check' button first (optional), then if needed, click on the 'Repair' button. (eCommerce has a ton of tables and this will check/repair them all). Is this the server/web-host-provider you were having .htaccess issues with?

(other basic troubleshooting) You might try checking your server error log, and/or viewing the source of the 'blank' page to see if it has any content/markup at all (if it's completely empty then it's likely a server error), and/or opening up the browser console to look for any javascript errors. Were there any changes made recently including adding/editing new content?

My first inclination is that it's NOT the manage products view, or it would only affect the main content area. The 'manage products' action is a pretty simple task which only pulls out some data and displays it in a table which is managed by a jquery widget (DataTables).

You might try temporarily renaming the /themes/yourcustomtheme/action_maps.php and /themes/yourcustomtheme/router_maps.php files to rule out any of those customizations. Or temporarily switching to another 'shipped' theme.

View article...
  • If you want, you could zip and then email me the .eql file, I'll take a look at it dleffler@hughes.net

View article...
  • Based on having over 1,200 products, I've added a work-around to the 234p1 pre-release code which will revert the manager products/orders views to the old style (no filter/search). This setting can be turned on the Site Configuration ecommerce tab.

View article...
  • Dave,

The site is running code from the develop branch now. Has the code been added to that branch yet?

View article...
  • Ok, dumb question time. How do I update to the latest code from develop branch? Here's what I tried doing to update (on a test site)

1. cd to root of web folder
    2. git stash save
    3. git pull
    4. git stash pop

Now the test site is displays a blank white page. The test site was only a basic Exponent install, no content yet. The site that I am doing all the e-commerce work with hasn't been attempted to update since I did the initial switch to the develop branch.

View article...
  • Yes, develop branch updated with possible fix...you'll also have to go into site configuration, and on the ecommerce tab turn on the new 'Allow Large e-Commerce Tables?' setting

View article...
  • What you did is correct, #2 will save all local changes and #4 pulls those changes back into the updated code and removes that 'stash' from the stack...you might do a 'git stash' (the 'save' is implied). to get back to a clean pull and see what happens.

View article...
  • I had a chance to try the steps as suggested, I was able to update without any more issues.

However, after going into site configuration, and on the ecommerce tab turning on the new 'Allow Large e-Commerce Tables?' setting, I still get a blank page when attempting to use Manage Products.

View article...
  • Odd, if turned on that would fix the issue I though might be occurring...as the system is now only sending out the number of product items to the page configured in Store setup instead of ALL products. Is there a possibility a server error? My local scenario was more along the lines of a server (php) timeout, but even that would output a partial page with a timeout error appearing if 'error reporting' were turned on.

View article...
  • Ok, I finally got the server to show some PHP errors.
    ---

[25-May-2015 20:13:26 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: controller in /home/shevet0/buyplasmaparts.com/framework/core/subsystems/expHistory.php on line 213

[25-May-2015 20:13:26 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: controller in /home/shevet0/buyplasmaparts.com/framework/core/subsystems/expHistory.php on line 213

[25-May-2015 20:13:26 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: action in /home/shevet0/buyplasmaparts.com/framework/core/subsystems/expHistory.php on line 213

[25-May-2015 20:13:26 UTC] PHP Notice: Undefined index: action in /home/shevet0/buyplasmaparts.com/framework/core/subsystems/expHistory.php on line 213
    ---

View article...
  • Here is the complete contents of the server's error log for today.
    ---
    Mon May 25 12:08:25 2015] [error] [client 66.249.67.33] File does not exist: /home/shevet0/buyplasmaparts.com/external/html5forms/modernizr-262.js, referer: http://www.buyplasmaparts.com/store/show/title/shield/src/@random54e38110aafd0
    [Mon May 25 12:30:25 2015] [error] [client 76.76.36.227] File does not exist: /home/shevet0/buyplasmaparts.com/ecomconfig, referer: http://www.buyplasmaparts.com/ecomconfig/configure
    [Mon May 25 12:33:24 2015] [error] [client 76.76.36.227] File does not exist: /home/shevet0/buyplasmaparts.com/store, referer: http://www.buyplasmaparts.com/store/showall/title/mechanized-plasma-systems/src/@random54e38110aafd0
    [Mon May 25 12:33:33 2015] [error] [client 76.76.36.227] File does not exist: /home/shevet0/buyplasmaparts.com/store, referer: http://www.buyplasmaparts.com/store/showall/title/hydefinition-hd4070/src/@random54e38110aafd0
    [Mon May 25 12:33:38 2015] [error] [client 76.76.36.227] File does not exist: /home/shevet0/buyplasmaparts.com/store, referer: http://www.buyplasmaparts.com/store/showall/title/hydefinition-hd4070-consumables/src/@random54e38110aafd0[Mon May 25 12:42:41 2015] [error] [client 76.76.36.227] File does not exist: /home/shevet0/buyplasmaparts.com/administration, referer: http://www.buyplasmaparts.com/administration/configure_site
    ---

I turned error reporting on, but am not seeing any errors showing on the screen. What more can I do to make the error show up?

View article...
  • I'm befuddled. It must be something with your server...the errors (actually only warnings) above are the result of a corrupt expHistory and shouldn't affect the display (usually occurs when you have page breaks or stop pages loading...logging off, then on again will clear it up)

However the server log seems to indicate that part of the url is being dropped (at the server)...e.g., the 'File does not exist: /home/shevet0/buyplasmaparts.com/store' error indicates the 'action' was dropped off the url??? AND, it means the rewrite isn't working as it should because the server is looking for a path/filename on the server instead of as a browser rewrite (e.g., home/shevet0/buyplasmaparts.com/index.php?controller=store&action=manage

View article...
  • This site is on a shared hosting plan. Perhaps we've outgrown the plan already? We haven't even launched the site to the public yet. We are still in the build-out phase.

What more can I do to get Exponent working properly?

View article...
  • Is it possible the server was upgraded or changed (new hardward/configuration) over that weekend? Since you have a backup .eql file...you might try using the Database Manager (or phpMyAdmin) to 'drop' or empty the 'products' table or delete a number of products to see if the 'manage products' view will once again display. Again, the only issue I could come up with inside Exponent, the new 'use large tables' setting should fix since we only output 10 records at a time instead of 1300.

What setting do you have within the General Store settings for 'Default # of products to show per page' under the 'Display' tab?

View article...
  • I have it set to 10.

According to DreamHost's status site, there wasn't any upgrade or maintenance to the server this past weekend.

View article...
  • More follow up...

I setup a test site on the same shared server, but removed about half the products we had entered. This allowed the manage products feature to work. To me this means that I'm going to have to move to a VPS.

View article...
  • What can I do about the rewrite not working properly? Is there something specific I can ask Dreamhost to take a look at? I am still thinking I'm going to end up needing to go to VPS to host this site. But I'm not convinced that would be the right course of action.

I'm thinking the issue is with DreamHost's shared hosting configuration. I setup a Ubuntu 12.04 Virtual Machine on my local machine and was able to use the manage products feature buy going into site configuration, and on the ecommerce tab turning on the new 'Allow Large e-Commerce Tables?' setting.

My VM has 1 GB of ram available to it. The shared server only has about 2 GB of RAM free.

View article...