Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

Flyout question

When I use flyout it uses the entire screen width only with Google Chrome. With Firefox it appears on only a portion of the screen. I am using 2.3.1 when this issue occurs. I also help with another site that uses 2.3.0 patch 3 that works correctly with Google Chrome. I don't recall changing anything on my 2.3.1 sites that would cause this.

View article...

Comments

• Yes, its the navigation module flyout. I also tried using the default bootstrap3 theme. It also makes the navigation module stretch across the width of the screen

View article...
  • I'll assume this is the navigation module flyout sidebar view (we also have some other/older flyouts in login and container modules). It works correctly for me in Chrome, etc...

The only changes I note moving from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 were
    * we added a 'px' to the user setting for distance from top
    * we removed a 'container' class from the overall div wrapper since 'container' means something special in twitter bootstrap

View article...
  • odd that it only occurs in one browser type...basically that view doesn't have a size and only picks up the width of what it holds. Perhaps something in it has a -webkit-xxx style it picks up which doesn't have one of the other similar vendor styles (e.g., it's only using a chrome style and not the base, firefox, etc...)

View article...
  • It seems to be related to the login module.

If I use the following code:
    <?php if (FLYOUT_SIDEBAR != 0) expTheme::module(array("controller"=>"navigation","action"=>"showall","view"=>"showall_flyout_sidebar","source"=>"navsidebar","chrome"=>true)); ?>

I then place a login module in the flyout menu. But in Google Chrome it takes up the width of the screen.

If I instead choose to place a text module in the flyout menu then the view isn't the entire width of the screen.

But if I hardcode a login module like this:
    <?php expTheme::module(array("controller"=>"login","action"=>"showlogin","view"=>"showlogin_flyout")); ?>

it also takes up the entire width of the screen.

View article...
  • I'm still not sure what caused it but I was able to use CSS to fix it. I added the following code to my CSS and now it works like I had intended.

.flyout{ -webkit-max-logical-width: 299px; }

View article...
  • I'm still not sure what caused it but I was able to use CSS to fix it. I added the following code to my CSS and now it works like I had intended.

<?php if (FLYOUT_SIDEBAR != 0) expTheme::module(array("controller"=>"navigation","action"=>"showall","view"=>"showall_flyout_sidebar","source"=>"navsidebar","chrome"=>true)); ?>

I then place a login module in the flyout menu. But in Google Chrome it takes up the width of the screen.

If I instead choose to place a text module in the flyout menu then the view isn't the entire width of the screen.

<?php expTheme::module(array("controller"=>"login","action"=>"showlogin","view"=>"showlogin_flyout")); ?>

• odd that it only occurs in one browser type...basically that view doesn't have a size and only picks up the width of what it holds. Perhaps something in it has a -webkit-xxx style it picks up which doesn't have one of the other similar vendor styles (e.g., it's only using a chrome style and not the base, firefox, etc...)
  • Yes, its the navigation module flyout. I also tried using the default bootstrap3 theme. It also makes the navigation module stretch across the width of the screen
  • I'll assume this is the navigation module flyout sidebar view (we also have some other/older flyouts in login and container modules). It works correctly for me in Chrome, etc...

The only changes I note moving from 2.3.0 to 2.3.1 were
    * we added a 'px' to the user setting for distance from top
    * we removed a 'container' class from the overall div wrapper since 'container' means something special in twitter bootstrap