Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

Users cannot edit each others content

I set up a site running 2.2.3 patch 1 for one of my clients and created an admin user for them. They created a stand alone page, and added a text module to it. Now the super admin user can't edit anything on that standalone page. However the super admin can edit things that the other admin edited on a page that was created by the super admin. I didn't specifically set permissions on any of the pages but I've got to believe its a permission problem. I tried to replicate the issue on another of my sites but was unable to. Any thoughts as to where I should be looking?

View article...

Comments

• Quite odd...all admins and super-admins ALWAYS receive permission (the permissions subroutine ALWAYS returns true is user is admin/super-admin).

Does the super-admin see any 'chrome' on that standalone page? Does the super-admin see the module on that page? Does the super-admin see the edit/delete/etc links on that page? If so, what happens when the user clicks on the chrome/links? E.g., is it not being displayed or is the action stopped with an error message?

View article...
  • The super admin can see that there is a text module, but the only option is to add more more text. The links to edit/delete the existing text is not being displayed..

View article...
  • Perhaps the super-admin user isn't really a super-admin user? You might try pulling the users table up and ensure the user has both is_admin & is_acting_admin. There were some bugs fixed in the later patches (v2.2.3patch4 was last)

View article...
  • The super-admin user has values of is_admin=1 and is_acting_admin=1. The user who created the stand alone page has values of is_admin=0 and is_acting_admin=1.

View article...
  • Is it possible this standalone page is using a different subtheme? Have you tried turning 'error reporting on'?

View article...
  • The standalone page uses the default subtheme. I turned error reporting on but no errors were shown. Also on a whim I try logging on as the user who created the standalone page, the edit text link isn't shown for them either.

View article...
  • Short of any custom (theme) views for the module (or container), the code shouldn't prevent this for any admin nor super-admin. Have you tried creating a new standalone page and replicating this?

I'd be willing to take a look if you could grant me a super-admin account, I might take a look at it (dleffler@hughes.net)

View article...
  • Well, I figured out what happened. The other admin created a text module and put the content in the module's description. Thus, there wasn't any text item to edit.

View article...