Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

got message 'This site is currently down for maintenance'

Hi,

Try to install exponent 2.3.2, but got the message 'This site is currently down for maintenance'. I have checked the database configuration, all fine. debug into exponent.php, print variable $db and there is an error message 'Table 'exponent.exponent_user' doesn't exist'. Can anybody help me with this? many thanks!

Regards

Guilan Huang

View article...

Comments

• I keep the default DB_TABLE_PREFIX 'exponent', but my database name is also 'exponent'. Will this cause the problem?

Regards

Guilan

View article...
  • By chance are you using the default db prefix of 'exponent_' or is yours set to 'exponent.exponent_'?

View article...
  • The message basically means that exp hasn't connected to the database. Either the network connection or the database server is down, or the database params are not correct. In particular, this is a new issue which might appear in v2.3.2 with some of the new security checks and only occurs because a database connection was not available when the $user object was initialized.

View article...
  • That should be acceptable. I've only seen this occur locally when my test db server is already in a 'race' condition and doesn't accept connections.

Have you tried closing the browser and relaunching it, or clearing the browser cache?

View article...
  • Sorry, didn't fully read your initial post about 'installing'. You may have interrupted the initial install and exp isn't allowed to 'install' onto an existing/populated database. You'll need to 'drop' all the tables in the database and begin again.

The error occurs because somewhere between the user table being created and the admin user being created and inserted, the install process was stopped, then when exp returned it sees the tables are there and proceeds, but the tables are empty.

View article...
  • I just start the process. I delete all the files and download the latest version from Github. Still the same result. It failed at the index.php line 83 expVersion::checkVersion(). In this function, because $db->havedb is false, therefore it goes to the else condition: $template = new standalonetemplate('_maintenance');
    $template->assign("db_down", true);
    $template->output();
    exit();

I comment out the expVersion::checkVersion() in index.php, the maintenance page disappeared but installer wizard does not appear.

View article...
  • How far do you get in the install process? Which step is completed?

View article...
  • I've just created en empty database 'exponent'. no table was created. I dropped the database, but the result is the same.

Regards

Guilan

View article...
  • Are you beginning the installation by browsing to the installation url www.mysite.org/install/index.php ? You MUST specifically begin the installation, it is no longer automated.

I'll check locally, if you browse to the site BEFORE you begin/complete an installation, it will always take you to the maintenance page since there is no database yet. This is a FEATURE to advise non-admin users visiting the site.

View article...
  • Just update you that I have successfully installed exponent CMS. Thank you.

I need to learn how to create multiple websites in one instance of the CMS and each site will be tighten to a user. That is what I searched for.

View article...
  • Just update you. I comment out the following line in /install/index.php:

if (strpos($page, 'upgrade-') === false && !file_exists(BASE . 'install/not_configured')) {
    header('Location: ../index.php');
    exit();
    }

Because there is no file called 'not_configured' in install directory. This is not upgrade, so that this code will redirect to root index.php.

Now the welcome screen is shown.

View article...
  • I have no luck. I revert the files to original. Now it is blank screen whether started from index.php or /install/index.php

View article...
  • Sorry, each installation uses a single configuration which points to a single database.

View article...