On November 23, 2012, Exponent version 2.1.0 was released. This includes a major upgrade to the calendar module in the form of the new Events controller and a new 'Mega' menu navigation view which also adds a new 'free-form' menu item type allowing the admin to embed other modules.
Other things to look for in v2.1.0 are:
- adds optional nested comments, and optional per-item comment disabling
- adds optional comments to filedownload module items
- adds optional external file url for file download item
- removes extra themes to reduce size of package, available as separate addon downloads
- adds version change information to initial upgrade page
- adds optional color/style to categories
- upgrades calendar to a 2.0 event controller with categories & tags
-- optionally upgrades and converts existing calendars
-- adds color-coded categories and tags
-- adds color-coded aggregation of external Google & iCal calendars, and online event registrations
- adds new 'mega-menu' navigation view with new free-form page/menu type for embedding modules
- adds random sorting/sequence to photo album/slideshows
- adds optional user selectable email destination on form submission
- adds new built-in database manager
- plus many, many other tweaks, fixes, and features
However as always, we recommend you do NOT upgrade production environments without first testing it!
Some changes to the calendar you'll need to be aware of. Though we've not YET removed the old calendar, when you optionally upgrade all your existing calendars to the new event controller, external access to the calendar (cron/ical) has changed slightly:
- Each calendar can now have a unique 'sef' name for easily reference instead of a module number or source. You must enter this in the calendar configuration settings.
- The (cron) reminders feature now uses a security feature and a new address. The details are found on the 'Reminders' tab of the calendar configuration settings.
- While the old ical publish link should still work, the newer one is more intuitive...yoursite.org/event/ical/title/myicalfeedname
- Additionally, some of the view specific settings are not copied over into the upgraded module
If you are upgrading from a version earlier than 2.0.9, you should visit the main blog [url]exponentcms.org/blog.htm[/url] to review the articles outlining changes required to themes and custom modules.
Exponent v2.1.0 Stable is 'THE" baseline for the Exponent CMS project and anyone using a pre-release version of 2.0 is highly recommended to upgrade their code to the stable version.
General Exponent Project Announcements
I´m trying to install the new version but doesn´t work!!! I tryed All the stuff even fresh install!
All works OK until "page=upgrade-3" in there don´t have any button to next step and when when I see the code its appear cutted. Any clue?
If the situation you describe occurs on the 2nd time through the list of upgrade scripts...e.g., you see the list of upgrades with the option to select optional upgrades, then when you click the button, you return to the same page?
The problem MIGHT be the result of having too many rss feeds with the same name on the site (which we are aware of). You might try deleting the '/install/upgrades/update_rssfeeds.php' file and try again. This upgrade is NOT essential to site operation. That script ATTEMPTS to give each rss feed an sef_url (new feature) and also ensure there is an 'expRss' record for each module with 'rss enabled.'
Same problem I deleted the rss upgrade and the problem still there. look at the site http://www.tuttianimati.com.br/exponent/ if you see the code its look like cutted. Its a fresh instalation and don´t have any rss. If I reinstall using http://www.tuttianimati.com.br/exponent/install/index.php the process stops in 3rd step. I´m try now delete all the stuff and do a fresh installation, but I can´t do this in other sites who just have the version 2.0.7 installed
if you remove the file /install/upgrades/upgrade_navigation.php.orig the upgrades will work...
Thanks for the catch!
The file download has been corrected and renamed to https://github.com/downloads/exponentcms/exponent-cms/exponent-2.1.0a.zip!
Have also updated the code so we don't run into this problem in the future.
The upgrade problem is fixed, thanks. But after instalation the my site stills the same. Still lose the css and source code lookes like be cutted. Check again http://www.tuttianimati.com.br/exponent/
Ok, I'll assume you are using the default theme, simpletheme and NOT a custom theme or one of the other themes no longer shipped w/ exponent (but available as a separate download). Also assuming this is an UPGRADE using existing data? In all our tests we had NO problems, so could you tell us your php version?
It looks like the page breaks when building the new mega menu, which is line #28 in /themes/simpletheme/index.php. Here's a couple things you can try...
Yes, it's a default theme. No, it's a fresh installation. PHP version 5.3, MySQL version 5.1, server linux 64.
This is the error message:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/storage/e/cd/2e/tuttianimati/public_html/tuttianimati/exponent/external/Smarty-3.1.12/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php on line 781
Looks like the php 'memory_limit' is set to 32M, where the default now a days is 128M. Likely, the recursion in the new 'mega menu' is to memory intensive for you php install. You might try to:
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests