Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

Using New UI

On one of my sites I added the following line to the config.php file found in framework/conf/conf.php.

define("NEWUI", '1');

Then when I go to the Admin menu and hover over Super Admin tools, User Management, Site Management or About ExponentCMS, the sub menus that are supposed to appear are not showing at all. I've tried changing back to the original UI and then can see the sub menus, and then cleared all the caches. Then I switch back to NewUI and still am unable to see the sub menus. The site in question has a theme that started out as coolwater but I modified it to suit the client. The site where NewUI is working also uses coolwater in an unmodified form, except for uploading a modified header.jpg and footer.jpg.

What else can I do to get the NewUI working?

View article...

Comments

• I'll assume you are using a desktop machine (mouse, not touch)...sounds like the javascript on the page is broken. One cause (with recent versions of the CKEditor) is minifying linked scripts which can be fixed by either turning off Minification, or un-checking the Minify Linked Scripts on the Minify tab of site configuration. If you open a debug window on the browser (firebug console, etc...) it'll display any errors when loading a page.

View article...
  • Minification is already turned off and Minify and Combine Linked JS Scripts is unchecked. I just tried setting Development to 1 and then the sub menus appeared. I also cleared my browser cache three times. Now the sub menus work, even in multiple browsers.

View article...
  • I was able to overcome this issue.

I had a jquery js file in my js folder along with bootstrap.js files while also having framework set to bootstrap3 in header config. I removed the files and the admin dropdown menus worked.

Hope this helps someone.

View article...
  • Is there any way to move the newui slingbar to the bottom of the screen? define("SLINGBAR_TOP",'0'); doesn't do it, neither does setting the value to 1.

Also with 2.3.0 patch 4 did the old style slingbar get replaced? if I don't have newui set to 1 in config.php I don't get any slingbar at all.

View article...
  • The newui slingbar is limited to the top 'static area at this time. I'll write up a ticket to add a feature to place it at the bottom of the page, but it most likely won't be a drag/drop affair since it is mostly a 'css' menu and not javascript like the old slingbar.

I'll look into the other issue, most likely the javascript is crashing somewhere on the page before the menu is displayed.

View article...
  • After testing, I'm not able to reproduce the old style slingbar problem locally using the simpletheme. You might open up the browser console (F12 key) to see what script might be crashing? As I had said earlier, the new slingbar is mostly html/css whereas the old slingbar was built programatically via javascript.

View article...
  • YUI is created when the /external/yui/3.17.2/build/yui/yui-min.js script is loaded. If minification is on, you might try temporarily turning it off. It might be possible you're also getting this error when the newui slingbar is used, but you are using the newui slingbar as an indicator...try turning NEWUI back on and then look at the debug console. You also might try the debug 'network' tab to see if the yui-min.js script is being loaded (the line to load it will be in the page source, but the 'network' tab will tell you if there was an error loading the external script/stylesheet)

View article...
  • FWIW, I just added the 'bottom' feature to the newui slingbar (non-bootstrap3).

View article...
  • Here are the errors I'm getting.

photo expErrors82614-1_zpsf8105dd4.png

View article...
  • What do I need to to to implement this change?

Edit: I meant how to make the newui slingbar be at the bottom.

View article...
  • I've emailed you the updated view...you can add it as a custom theme view template or drop it into the system...it'll be part of the system in the next release (most likely 2.3.1 instead of a patch). You'll have to set the slingbar location via Site Configuration setting...no drag-n-drop changing of it's location.

View article...
  • Minification is already turned off.

Network tab gives a 404 error on yui-min.js. I can see that the file is present via ssh and ftp, also verified permission is set to 644.

View article...
  • I've uploaded the file you sent me to /framework/modules/administration/views/administration. Then I cleared the cache, quit Firefox, opened it back up, went to the website, logged in, and then found that the system configuration page doesn't fully load. Is there something I can add to config.php to make the slingbar go to the bottom?

View article...
  • You might try forcing a browser cache refresh (shift - refresh?) and go to another page?

View article...
  • The line which determines the slingbar location is
    define("SLINGBAR_TOP",'0');
    with 1 as the top and 0 as the bottom

FWIW, I've seen the anomaly about yui-min.js not loading, but don't remember what caused it or how I got past it. If you can email me the site link with an admin user/pass, I'll try to take a closer look at what might be happening?

View article...