Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

Standalone pages should be possible as default page

Hi,
I've always set up straight in the config file in the server the default section if I have needed a standalone page for it. This happens actually very often because lot of people do not want the so called "front page" to be visible in the navigation.

Anyhow, as soon as I go to the site configuration to change any other values it saves the section 1 page as default page, not the one configured by me. This would be avoided if you could select a standalone page as a default section straight from the admin.

I'm checking the code if any possible fix for this asap.

ADDING:
What about just either editing "public static function levelDropdownControlArray" (navigationController.php) or duplicating that function and putting the value $addstandalones = true ?

Statistics: Posted by generare

Comments

• Consider it 'done'! Will add to the v2.2.4 pre-release a little later today.

Statistics: Posted by dleffler
  • This new feature is included in the just released v2.2.4patch4.

• Downloaded the patch and tested. All seems working fine. Thanks!

• Hi,
    I've always set up straight in the config file in the server the default section if I have needed a standalone page for it. This happens actually very often because lot of people do not want the so called "front page" to be visible in the navigation.

Anyhow, as soon as I go to the site configuration to change any other values it saves the section 1 page as default page, not the one configured by me. This would be avoided if you could select a standalone page as a default section straight from the admin.

ADDING:
    What about just either editing "public static function levelDropdownControlArray" (navigationController.php) or duplicating that function and putting the value $addstandalones = true ?

• Hi,

ADDING:

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...

View article...
  • Hi,

ADDING:

View article...
  • Hi,

ADDING:

View article...
  • Hi,

ADDING:

View article...
  • Hi,

ADDING:

View article...
  • Hi,

ADDING:

View article...
  • Hi,

ADDING:

View article...
  • Hi,

ADDING:

View article...
  • Hi,

ADDING:

View article...
  • Hi,

ADDING:

View article...