Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

Popup Login View (Bootstrap 3)

edited May 2016 in Tips & Tricks
Here's a quick way to add a popup Log In/Out dialog to to a view template
<a class="navbar-link loginpopup" href="{link controller=login action=showlogin}" title="{'Log in to the web site'|gettext}" style="text-decoration: none;">{if $user->isLoggedIn()}{'Log Out'|gettext}{else}{'Log In'|gettext}{/if}</a>
{script unique="dialog-`$__loc->src`" jquery="bootstrap-dialog" bootstrap="modal,transition"}
{literal}
$('#topnavbar a.loginpopup').click(function(e) {
BootstrapDialog.show({
title: e.target.title,
var $message = $('<div></div>');
var pageToLoad = dialog.getData('pageToLoad');
$message.load(pageToLoad);
return $message;
},
data: {
'pageToLoad': EXPONENT.PATH_RELATIVE + "index.php?controller=login&action=showlogin&ajax_action=1"
}
});
e.preventDefault();
});
{/literal}
{/script}

Comments

• edited May 2016
    I must have done something wrong. I copied that code into a new file located in mytheme/modules/users/views/login/showlogin_popup.tpl 

Then in my theme I added: <?php expTheme::module(array("controller"=>"login","action"=>"showlogin","view"=>"showlogin_popup")); ?>

All that got me was link that says Login and it takes me to another page. There's no popup at all. 
  • Remove the #topnavbar from the first line of the javascript so it is only looking for 'a.loginpopup'.  The code above assumes it is within the main menu (#topnavbar) element.
  • You got me in the right direction. I ended up copying the showall_Flydown.bootstrap3.tpl into mytheme/modules/navigation/views/navigation/ Then I added the code you gave to it. I added some li tags so the login link looks just like all the other menu items.