Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

parse error exponent_constants.php

Hi,

After an upgrade, got a blanl page. Tried mydomain/install/index.php and got this error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /XXX/public_html/exponent_constants.php on line 516
I deleted exponent, put back an older version that worked fine before, but i still get the same error. Tested another site. Upgraded that from 2.2.3 to 2.3.1 and got the same. Any ideas?

View article...

Comments

• Odd, there is no coding problem in any of the shipped exponent_constants.php files (nor in the code repo). I've never heard of this issue. You are indeed deleting all the old files and extracting the files from a package? If you can view/edit the file to look at line #516 ? In the most recent versions, this is now a comment area since we've removed some deprecated/commented out lines recently.

View article...
  • I found out what the problem is: the code in the package is ok. When I upload to the server the code gets corrupted. No idea why, i'm installing another ftp client, hope it solves the problem.

View article...