Please disregard the 'View article...' shown at the bottom of many posts as this is the result of restoring old forum posts from a backup.

importing products from csv

Also when I turned error reporting on I get the following error message:

Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/shevet0/buyplasmaparts.com/framework/modules/ecommerce/controllers/storeController.php on line 2581

View article...

Comments

• By reading the following link I was able to generate a csv file that I thought I could use to import products. http://docs.exponentcms.org/docs/import-products

I inserted my information into the csv but I'm not sure what goes in some of the fields. These fields are currently blank: parent_id, child_rank, meta_title, meta_keywords. With the fields being blank the import process won't complete.

View article...
  • I found this link that describes how to construct the csv to import products: http://docs.exponentcms.org/docs/import-products

I have filled in the information as best I can but I'm not sure about a few of the fields. What goes in parent_id, child_rank, availablity_type ,active_type, product_status_id, catagory_rank, feed_title, feed_body?

View article...
  • FWIW,This feature is greatly enhanced in the pre-release code which should be out as a patch or new version within the next week. Never the less, the 'warning' is just that, a 'warning' that one of the fields was empty...again, resolved in the pre-release code.

I've not experience any problems importing products (not done on any production system though), as long as you have at least a 'title'. You might try exporting a product csv as a template.

The 4 fields you list are optional. The only thing I can think of which might cause a incomplete is attempting to set a field value type to something not allowed?

View article...
  • Is the pre-release code the same as the Release level: development?

View article...
  • Yes, the git repo 'develop' branch is the pre-release code for the next version. If you email me the csv, I'll walk through the code to see what the issue is...I've only be working on:

* a specific 3rd party inventory list a user to could use to update 'quantity' and pull in some other details
    * a slightly edited 'export csv' to make only minor changes

View article...